||American Boat Listings™ Listing used boats for sale since 1983.||
2006 Yamaha SX 230
| The Yamaha SX230 Price: $24,000. |
This 23-foot, 10-passenger sport boat is packaged with convenient cruising features and high-performance power under the engine hatch.
It sports a full windshield, deep cockpit and adult-size bow lounges.
It also delivers a running style and low-speed performance that puts it in the high-end runabout category.
Key to the SX230's abilities are the twin jet-driven (2)140-hp MR-1 engines; these high-tech, high-revving four-stroke power plants deliver fuel efficiency and an even power curve throughout the rpm range.
This means there are no hesitations when the throttles are advanced.
Because the direct-drive stainless-steel impellers sit higher than conventional I/O drives, there is less downward force applied to the boat's transom.
This allows the SX230 to come on plane with minimal bow rise, and keeps it riding level at lower speeds.
The most impressive feature of this boat is its handling -- both at the dock and when under way.
To simplify operation in close quarters, Yamaha provides the driver with a pair of independently operated, single-lever controls, just as you would find on a twin-engine boat.
An additional feature we found especially noteworthy was the ability to "cross control." Put one engine in forward, the other in reverse and you can spin the SX230 in its own length.
At running speeds, there is none of the "slip and slide" common to older jet-powered boats.
Instead, you get precise turns that are beyond the capabilities of most I/Os, and more reminiscent of tournament-style inboard boats.
We don't have space to mention all of the boat's interior amenities, but they are not lacking.
In fact, this is among the boats that pose serious threats to the market segment traditionally loyal to I/O power.
Length Overall: 23' Beam: 8'6" Dry Weight: 2,900 lb.
Seating/Weight Capacity: 10/1,800 lb.
Fuel Capacity: 50 gal.
Max HP: 280 Hull type: Fiberglass
Test Engine: Twin 998 cc 4-stroke Test Prop: N/A Test Load: People (450 lb.); Fuel (38 gal.) Top Speed: 48.0 MPH @ 10,000 RPM Time to Plane: 3.1 sec.
Time to 30 MPH: 6.7 sec.
Plane Speed: 17.5 @ 6,500 RPM Fuel type: Gas
· Can operate in areas off limits to two-stroke jets and PWCs.
· Spacious, nicely appointed interior has all the amenities you would expect(Seats up to 10 adults)
· Rear swim platform is large, level and has no protruding drives.
Innovative Swim Platform: can be transformed into a private patio on the water with room for a dinette table (included).
· Bimini top w/ cover Stainless Steel construction with Sunbrella® material for better durability.
· Removable Berber carpets
· Depth finder Digitally monitors water depth from any spot on the water.
· Adjustable tilt steering wheel
· Telescoping re-boarding ladder
· Flip-up driver and passenger captain’s chairs
· 15 storage compartments
· An upgraded CD/AM/FM stereo satellite ready with high quality stereo and four speakers with remote control at helm and stern, giving you access to the radio from the waterline
· Boat comes complete with a custom matching galvanized trailer.
· A large U-shaped bench seat and seating at the bow provide excellent comfort and versatility
· Flip-Up Seats: Two high-back, fully upholstered, flip-up captain seats provide a different, elevated view of your surroundings.
· Multiple Storage Compartments: Fifteen storage compartments include an anchor storage compartment, storage under each seat and carpeted compartments under the starboard and port consoles.
The SX230 is also equipped with a full-size ski locker that accommodates skis or wakeboards,
The boat is meticulously cleaned and engines thoroughly flushed with fresh water after each and every use.
Boat is waxed and detailed every six months.
All scheduled maintenance is performed.
Engines sprayed down with protectant after each use.
All Coast Guard requirements are included: 6 life vests, whistle, fire extinguisher, life preserver, flairs, flag, all lines, 3 bumpers, 2 anchors.
Call Frank 813-679-1124